Ambitious and creative communications professional with experience in entertainment journalism, comedy writing, script writing, and blogging. Gifted storyteller across a variety of audiences. Highly skilled at developing and implementing content, communications, and social media campaigns and strategies. Adept at writing content that is funny, timely, and entertainment focused. Innovative, strategic, and hard-working. Collaborate effectively internally and externally to foster productive partnerships and deliver exceptional results.
Writing & Communication
Celebrity & Entertainment Expert
Journalism & Storytelling
Teamwork & Collaboration
Project Planning & Management
Chicago, IL | 2016 - present
Content and Communications Specialist
▪ Hired as the first-ever social media manager at the company’s corporate office for the senior living division in Chicago. Quickly promoted to manage content and communications across all communities.
▪ Develop and implement content, communications, and social media strategy for 49 regional offices. Ensure organization is ahead of the curve in digital, social, and technology best practices.
▪ Enhanced crisis communication skills and created a communication protocol focused on the ability to communicate transparent and concise communications throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
▪ Manage 60+ Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok profiles for offices across the country. Grew the number of social media accounts by 45 in 4 years.
▪ Grew Instagram presence and post frequency from monthly to daily posts.
▪ Manage public relations strategy and build relationships with local celebrities to generate press.
▪ Lead and plan editorial content for the year. Develop themes, assign stories, and generate publicity to support the company’s mission.
▪ Create content and produce 3 internal corporate e-newsletters per week and 6 e-newsletters per month targeted to prospects, leads, and referral sources.
▪ Write regular blog posts incorporating educational resources, resident features, and interviews with team members.
▪ Member of Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Chicago Tribune (Splash Magazine)
Chicago’s monthly dose of style, society, and celebrity.
Chicago, IL | 2015 - 2020
▪ Interviewed and wrote features on celebrities including Kevin Hart, Sarah Jessica Parker, Gillian Flynn, Bethenny Frankel, Rebecca Minkoff, Denise Richards, Lisa Vanderpump, Jenny McCarthy, and others.
▪ Wrote and edited feature stories. Authored the 2019 New Year’s Eve cover story featuring Jessica Camacho.
▪ Pitched ideas, conducted interviews, authored content, and published pieces.
▪ Managed 100% of all social media content. Tailored content for social media and published across platforms.
▪ Built relationships and collaborated with PR agencies and editors in Chicago, LA, and NYC.
Players Workshop Chicago, Chicago, IL
The original and oldest school of improvisation in the country. Chicago, IL | 2021 - present
▪ Manager Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts to build followers and engagement
Yahoo! Entertainment (The Morning Breath)
Daily social media morning show hosted by social media influencers Jackie Oshry and Claudia Oshry (Girl With No Job)
New York, NY (Remote Employee) | 2017 - 2018
▪ First-ever writer hired to cover live, online show airing on Facebook. YouTube, Instagram and podcast platforms with 5 million daily downloads.
▪ Pitched, wrote, and published daily show recaps for the Yahoo! Entertainment homepage with thousands of daily readers.
▪ Wrote articles featuring exclusive interviews with celebrities across television, tech, entertainment, music, and film including Spencer Pratt, Dorinda Medley, AnnaLynne McCord, Andi Dorfman, Hunter Hayes, and others.
NBCUniversal (E! News)
#1 destination for pop culture and one of the fastest-growing digital destinations with 39+ million unique monthly visitors.
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 - 2017
Breaking News Intern and Midwest Stringer
▪ Collaborated and worked under the guidance of chief correspondent, Melanie Bromley.
▪ Reporter credit with a Lindsay Lohan exclusive and a Paula Deen story.
▪ Conducted daily phone calls with sources and fact-checked outgoing content.
Leading women’s lifestyle company reaching over 45 million people monthly.
Chicago, IL | 2014 - 2016
▪ Authored and published nearly 200 entertainment pieces and award show stories from the GRAMMYs, the Academy Awards, and the Golden Globes.
▪ Recapped weekend entertainment stories. Wrote and published upwards of 50 weekend entertainment articles.
▪ Conducted interviews with entertainment industry professionals including E! News’ Catt Sadler and celebrity personal trainer Jim Karas.
Global media company and the fastest-growing digital network with 7 billion monthly views.
Beverly Hills, CA | 2014 - 2014
▪ Collaborated with renowned producers to create original YouTube content. Served as production assistant for Purina’s Petcentric YouTube channel.
▪ Wrote scripts, created storyboards, and supported hiring for on-screen talent.
▪ Coordinated shoot schedules, operated camera equipment, managed craft services, scouted locations, and assisted talent during shoots.
BethDelany.com | Interviews with dozens of celebrities including Heather McMahan and Danny Pellegrino
DKMS Young Professionals of Chicago | Chicago Chapter Founding Board Member & Recruiting Chair
The Second City Training Center | Television and Sketch Comedy Writing Classes
Players Workshop Chicago | Certification in Improvisation for Life
Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Google Suite, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Facebook Business Manager
Bachelor of Science, Journalism and Sociology | Indiana University | Bloomington, IN | 2016
▪ Developed and implemented a mental health campaign for the Bring Change to Mind Organization in collaboration with actress Glenn Close.
▪ Interviewed and featured on Indiana University Student Television network for work with E! News.
▪ Featured in student newspaper for correctly predicting Kim Kardashian’s baby name.